1. IDI is a great door opener:
- Relatively few have it, but it's much needed protection.
- Not many have been approached about it.
- Since almost all individuals depend on their incomes, they can easily see the direct benefit of the insurance.
2. If your clients become disabled, Individual Disability Income (DI) Insurance provides monthly benefits to help pay for daily living expenses, including premiums on other insurance and investments they have with you.
3. IDI can diversify your portfolio offering and provide attractive compensation, including generous first-year commissions, strong renewal compensation, and opportunities to earn bonuses.
4. Offering disability insurance to clients is part of your due diligence. Suppose you help a client with other financial needs, but not income protection. What do you say to the client and his or her family if that person becomes too sick or hurt to work and is no longer receiving a paycheck? You don't want to be in a position where you have to admit there was a gap in the financial strategy you developed together.
5. Disability solutions are available for clients in sought-after markets, such as business owners and higher-income earning individuals.